The following documents must be submitted in two copies to the GSCB coordination office before the application deadline:
- the completed and signed application form with photograph
- the Master or Diploma degree certificate
- all university end-of-year exam certificates or transcripts
- the school-leaving certificate giving the right of entry to higher education in the applicant's home country
- two letters of recommendation
Academic certificates must include the final grade(s) obtained and a detailed explanation of the grading system. Both, the maximum grade (points) which can be obtained and the minimum grade (points) required to pass must be clearly marked.
Documents in languages other than English or German must be submitted with a certified English translation. Furthermore, all certificates must be officially authenticated with a stamp and signature by one of the following authorities:
- the German Embassy or Consulate
- a German school,
- the university which conferred the degree
Applicants whose native language is not English are asked to submit additional proof of proficiency in English by one of the following:
- TOEFL: paper-based test (overall score above 550), computer-based test (above 213) and a score of at least 4.0 in the Test of Written English (TWE, essay)
- IELTS: a minimum of Band 6 in all four sections
- If you cannot manage to provide us with a certificate, equivalent information to prove your English proficiency must be submitted (e.g. proven higher education in English or certificates demonstrating sufficient language ability and training).